And now, a word from our sponsor

The Daily News--Book talk on paper.li

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Operation Mermaid: The Project Kraken Incident

Sorry I've been gone for a while. I've been working on my book, Operation Mermaid: The Project Kraken Incident. I have some great news.

I got the proof the other day. So excited! I sent the revisions back. They were mostly typos. I changed a few words here and there, but nothing major. When you get the proof, major revisions are out.

They also did the cover. I had made a preliminary cover, but I knew I would have to change it. My cover was cut and paste from Google. I thought they did a good job. Minor text revisions, just typos, but otherwise good.

I have ISBN numbers and barcodes now. I have to look at a second round of proofs before it is ready to go. I've talked to my local bookstore about a signing, but they told me to wait until I had the book published.

My question is this: Do I release it right away, or do I wait until January? It might be ready before Christmas, but I think a lot of things get lost in the shuffle. Any thoughts on this, especially from those who have already published?

Here is the link to my Facebook page about my book.
Https://www.Facebook.com/operationmermaidprojectkraken

In case you're wondering, they sent me the picture as a low-res PDF, so I will have to post that as a separate document.

No comments: